Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Job, My Career, My Hobby

There are people bored with their job. Not for me. I love computer since i was 4 or 5. It was in 1989. By that time, DOS was the OS that I was using, and by that time, the PC that I'm using, there was no mouse like we are having now.
To boot up the PC, we need to load the MS-DOS into the RAM.
1) Put in the diskette
2) load the MS-DOS into the RAM
3) Take out the diskette
4) Load in what ever program we want (Wordstar = Microsoft Word, Lotus 1-2-3 = Microsoft Excel, Games)
I still remember by that time, I can remember each and every command to type in order for me to boot up the system and run the programs. Sadly, i threw the PC few years ago. Should not do that.
During that year, 1989, I was using 3.5 inch diskette with capacity of 1.44 MB, and it was huge by that time! imagine to have the exe file inside and all the documents also can be inside the same diskette. Example, the Wordstar and the documents that we create can be inside the 1.44MB diskette, and there are still much more space inside it! Having this 1.44 MB diskette by that time is like having a Blue-Ray disc now!

Now, I am an engineer where I contribute my passion to the world. My career as software engineer, for me its just a hobby for me. Day in, day out creating software is great and I'm getting paid for doing my hobby! I don't want to be like few of them that are complaining about their job. In the first place, why did you apply the job? Why did you go to the university to get the degree cert, why you apply for the course during your university registration day? After graduate, you look for a job, applied for a job, and after 24 months, why never stop complaining about your job?
I must say, I love my job, I'm building my career and i am getting paid to do my hobby! Changing job for more money? Not everything money can buy :)
---------------------------------
microprocessor
-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment